Translate

4/15/2008

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron

This book of vignettes on being 60+ would have lost much of its audacity had I not heard it read by the author on my iPod. The nasal New York tones flowing with New York stories added a dimension of wit, satire, and frustration. It was like listening to an obnoxious, gossipy, self-centered lady -- impossible to ignore, highly entertaining and covering topics from manicures, apartments, hair care, marriages, divorces, the bikini triangle, Bill Clinton, and JFK--a tour de force/farce--magnificent.

Ephron has written about women at different times of life, so Google her and find one that fits you. Well worth the read!

+++++++++++++++++
And don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God. Hebrews 13:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might like to check out www.goodreads.com It is a cool way to share books you've read and learn about what others have read. I've discovered books I probably wouldn't have found on my own.

Framed said...

I just bought this book. I hope it's as enjoyable reading it and listening to it was.