Translate

7/02/2014

Lydia Prayer Shawl


 My sister, who lives way across the country to the southeast of me, requested a prayer shawl for a lady who is receiving chemo for lung cancer. I feel so honored to be asked to make a shawl to bless and comfort her. The pattern is the "Lydia Shawl", simple and fast yet very pretty.
 To the stash! This is S. Charles Collezione Mosaic in red tweed, a discontinued yarn. It is 83% wool with polymide and acrylic. Note the very thin black threads running through the red. That thread has the colorful bits that make the tweedy part of this yarn which waited in stash since 2002 for just this project of blessing.

 I am using a size H hook to make it open with a gentle drape. It gets very hot and humid where she lives, so nix to anything too bulky.
The teardrop shape of the center open work line is very eye-appealing made a with sc and dc pattern. It looks large in the picture, but I have quite a bit more to crochet. It's repetitive and moves along fairly quickly.

 
http://annemarieshaakblog.blogspot.com/


http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/


 :: What are you making?? ::

5 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

The colour of the yarn is lovely, and what a great use for your saved and precious yarn. I am sure that it will be loved and appreciated by the recipient and I hope that it will bring her some comfort. xx

Boyett-Brinkley said...

So lovely -- I wish I could crochet. Such a beautiful thing you are doing.

Mereknits said...

Lovely shawl my friend.
Hugs,
Meredith

Spinster Beth said...

I love tweed ... I love the peeks of color showing through!

Unknown said...

Looks great. Love the color. I'll be praying for her as well.