Translate

11/15/2007

Dogs--Books--Thursday

Max enjoys sleeping in the sun on the deck.



... but I’m curious how many of us write notes in our books. Are you a Footprint Leaver or a Preservationist?
I definitely am a footprinter in books I plan to keep. Notes, symbols, and other reactions fill my books, particularly for phraseology that I especially enjoy as well as new vocabulary. My Bible has many, many notes, dates, underlining, and markings that help to guide my reading and study.
What about you? Do you write in your books?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
Revelation 3:20

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only ever written in textbooks. Once a friend gave me a highlighter set for my Bible, but I couldn't bring myself to use it. :)

Unknown said...

I want to hug plump Max :0 I am definitely a footprinter. I can't imagine those who don't mark up the pages; otherwise, how can one go back and find important facts :? Happy DOT

Anonymous said...

The bible I use most often is so marked up that frequently I consider buying a new one. And then I think of all I have learned and written down in that bible only enhances my knowledge. So I just keep reading and writing and praising the Lord the same! I believe He does not care.

Donna said...

As a librarian and book preservationist I would like to state that writing in books will ultimately break down the fibers of the page and lead to permanent damage. (Does that sound official enough?) I am a shameless page bender! Shocking I know, but I started as a young girl and haven't be able to break the habit. Years of therapy and I only occasionally use a bookmark! LOL!

Literary Feline said...

I love the photo! I was surprised at how vehemently people are in the preservation camp. I am a preservationist more often than not with my own books, but what someone else does with books he or she paid for and plan to keep are their own business. I love the idea of footprinting, but if I'm reading a book that someone else has marked up, I find it distracting more often than not. Not always, but usually.

YawnOver said...

Max! What a cutie :) Makes me sleepy just looking at him lol.