Translate

8/19/2007

In the Back Yard

Here's another scarf for the Red Scarf Project made with Plymouth Encore and size 11s. Forgive its ratty appearance. Lailah did a couple of laps around the house with it before I snatched it out of her mouth and posed it for picture! The pattern was devised by Penny http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/ and is available in her post on August 16. She regularly completes projects at an amazing rate! You'll love looking at her blog!!

I'm using my "rowsary" from my SP10. This is the first time I've used it and it is very handy!! It's a beaded row counter made with beautifully shaped sterling silver flower balls. Just gorgeous! And functional too!


Let's play "Find the Puppy"!! Lailah is searching the redwood mulch to find a nice, big hunk for her chewing pleasure!

As Lailah inspects the little butterfly bush, I think it might be a good idea to wrap that hose back around the holder!

OK, kids, now let's play "Find the Teeny-Tiny Tomatoes" that make my heart sing!! See them?? Look again!! These are planted in a large pot on our deck. I'm not really a gardener, so I attempt to simplify things as much as I can. My heart sings with memories of my Nonno and Nonna's large vegetable gardens, flower gardens, fruit tress, strawberry patch---so I do make a meager attempt in the summers to do a little. My Nonna would NOT be impressed!! :)


Sad. Plain, ol' sad.



And the sun sets through the Rose of Sharon in our back yard.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is impossible for people is possible with God. Luke 18:27

2 comments:

Traceyleezle said...

Hee, I love that first picture. It looks like all the plants escaped from their pots. Great scarf. And don't be too hard on Lailah, she's just quality control.

Paula said...

Hehehe I see little Lailah.
I love your herb garden and all your flowers!
Nice and green backyard. It is the time of year here where everything starts dying and turning brown until the weather cools and then the fall brings some green grass back again and the fall flowers too.
Oh I am tired of summer already and want the autumn now.